I don't understand life sometimes. I feel like I live in a hollow steel drum, closed off from the world in darkness, and knocked about - where the only communication from the outside is bangs against the side, and only bangs against the side to show the outside world I exist, and when people talk to me they think they're only talking to a cylinder of lifeless steel, not knowing I hear them from beneath and care.
I feel like a dead piece of flesh that walks the steets, lifeless to the outside world, and like a zombie that sits in the corner of rooms and stares.
When people talk to me I listen - I listen - with all my heart, and feel my chest cave in under the weight of their burdens, crushed and strangled, but full of love and compassion. But they can never know - they can never know how much I care - because I sit in lifeless silence, not able to draw a breath to speak back nor possessing any brain power to articulate a response.
What a curse it is to see a soul in a body, to see it suffer, and to be powerless to help it. Sometimes when I see people I see souls, I behold the beauty of the soul and ache out of love for it, but feel powerless to show the soul love. Maybe there are people out there who have souls that have never been recognized as souls until I see the soul and love it, but it's all a waste because of my uselessness.
1 comment:
Ross, I hope to talk to you soon. To see the soul of another is a heavy blessing. You are such a beautiful soul. May God bless you infinitely for all your burdens.
Post a Comment