As we speak I am chilling a bottle of Rochefort 8 Belgian Ale, a beer made by Belgian Trappist monks at the Abbey of Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy. When I drink it, I'll let you know what I think!
I have come to love the Belgian ales made by Trappist monks. I had my first bottle of Chimay in Austria a few years ago, and have since been a repeat customer now that it's sold in Alabama.
You can buy Rochefort, Chimay, and a few other Trappist ales in Auburn at Earth Fare and Fine Wine and Beer by Gus. Both stores are in the Flint's Crossing Shopping Center on Opelika Road across from the mall. It's quite expensive, but the alcohol content is so high you'll only want to drink one anyway!
4 comments:
Hmm... sounds like we'll have an official beer of "Bread and Beer" nights!
Haha...that would be awesome! But, the Chimay costs like $5 per bottle and the Rochefort costs $6. Maybe it could be an occasional treat, though.
I was recommended to go to Fine Wine and Beer by Gus today! Now I'll def have to go check it out!
Could buying this beer be considered tithing?
Post a Comment