26 April, 2009

Alexander the Great

I am writing a paper on Alexander the Great and have been learning about him in class over the past few weeks. I haven't researched into the life of a historical figure this much in a really long time. When I read so much about people I grow to like them and think of them as friends. I certainly don't like every thing about Alexander, but in the end I desire to understand him. He was a megalomaniac, an alcoholic, a womanizer, had homosexual relationships, and ruthlessly murdered people in his rage. At the same time he was tutored by Aristotle, a clever strategist, sought to unify cultures rather than subjugate them, and treated those he conquered with dignity. He was a complex man. I might even miss him when this paper is done. If only I could get it done.

I feel strange lately. Last week was one of my worst in a year, and now that it's over I don't know what to do with myself. I just need to finish my schoolwork.

1 comment:

CeeCee said...

Ross...I love you.
I didn't know your week was bad, and I'm sorry. I should have. I have some time this week, classes are over for me already, if you want to talk.