I'm here at New Staff Training. It is really great and interesting, and an excellent time for growth. It has also been particularly difficult for me, probably because of my personality and habits. It may be possible that I'm the most introverted person ever to come to NST. Anyone more introverted than me is probably never seen in public. OK, so I'm exaggerating a little, but I would say that the social aspect has been really challenging. I was expecting it, though. I believe it has helped me to die a little to self and learn to trust in God. It has certainly taken me out of my comfort zone more than I've ever done in my whole life. More challenges will certainly come ahead, but as of now I have hope and am optimistic.
I miss all my friends elsewhere in the world. God is good!
4 comments:
I am sure you are doing amazingly well. If not, and you fail, then you can come back to me sooner! Ha. Just kidding.
Seriously, I am so happy to hear that God is stretching you. I am sure it is somewhat similar to what we do to babies in the newborn nursery. In order to determine a baby's length we grab one of their legs, pull on their neck, and make sure they are as long as possible before making the official measurement. This length usually is a good idea of how much they will grow in the future, and it's nice for moms, grandmas, etc. to know, and brag to other moms and grandmas...
So, I guess you're a little like that now. God is pulling on one of your legs, and on your neck too. You might be crying. But he's measuring you, seeing how far you can stretch, and looking forward to how you will grow in the future.
I can't wait to see the results!
That made me laugh! I'm happy to know everything (including the struggles) is going well. Miss you!
i saw this and of course thought of you. hehe
http://www.savagechickens.com/2009/06/extravert-introvert.html
CeeCee, I really like that analogy. Thank you for commenting. It brings me a lot of consolation.
Ruth, thanks for the cartoon! It's right on. It inspired my newest blog entry.
Post a Comment