- One of the students here recently shared with me The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.
- I feel like I'm a more effective missionary starting off this semester.
- I was recently re-given the nickname "Ross-a-roni"
- I've been reading a lot lately. My most recent read was Leisure: The Basis of Culture
- I believe, on a fundamental level, that I'm more interested in pursuing studies in philosophy than I am theology. Theology interests me to read about, but philosophy is something that gets me really fired up and thinking.
- I've come to realize that I now love many of the people here.
- My cat Sacci is very sick. He almost died on an infection. My mom says he is better now, though.
- Tonight I served Mass offered for the souls in Haiti. One of our priests from Haiti went back to Haiti just a few days ago. Thankfully he was in Florida, though, when the earthquake happened. If you haven't read about what happened in Haiti, you should. Pray for the church there, too. The archbishop and some priests and seminarians were killed.
- I feel like things are improving in my current life situation.
- An old lady at Mass today called me a "cute little fella"
13 January, 2010
Porcupines
I've been really busy this week. Here are a few updates to keep those who read this "in the know."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an "awesome" blog find. I checked out a number of posts. "It's" pretty hysterical.
It's good to know this semester is starting off so well!
Sorry about Sacci. I hope he has a total recovery.
Ah, indeed, sometimes the effect of physical touch is too powerful. Physical touch is right up there with quality time for me. However, I prefer not to touch the people I really care about. Touch, like attention, is usually directly disproportionate to the amount of actual affection I have for another human being. The better I get to know someone, and the more my real sentiments grow, the less I touch him or her. I hope that you do not suffer from this disease. It is stupid.
P.S. "Porcupines"?
I think I have the same disease as you. It has a name: reverence.
Porcupines was the first noun that came to my head when I was trying to think of a title. :)
Post a Comment