15 May, 2010
Salsa
I love to cook. I rarely use recipes, because I rarely cook things that need precise proportions. (I'm not a big on baking.) I love inventing my own sauces. I used to invent my own pasta sauces all time. In college I made the habit of making salsas. I never make salsas with an ingredient list. I go to the grocery store and buy things that look good. I've made salsas with hothouse tomatos, yellow tomatos, Roma tomatos, heirloom tomatos, tomatillos, jalapeƱos, habaƱeros, Scotch bonnet peppers, serrano peppers, yellow peppers, shallots, onions, garlic, cilantro, cumin, black beans, corn. Tomatillos are my favorite. I love green salsas, or partially green salsas. In fact, right now, I'm enjoying some nice salsa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love salsas (as long as there is no cilantro). My favorite salsa ingredient is CORN!! I love it.
We should make salsa one time. That would be fun.
Post a Comment