Today was chock full of events from four in the morning all the way until now. I listened to NPR news on my way to Atlanta as I gazed on the rising sun. I drove my car to get serviced there, then went over to Alpharetta to eat lunch with a friend. Driving back, my eyes glazed over and my head nodded. I needed sleep so much. In Auburn I took a nap before eating dinner with a friend at Creole shack.
I think a lot.
Why does God make us who we are? After dinner I had a five hour long conversation with the friend about our lives in college and things we struggled with before college. Driving home from the conversation I wished that I could be a better example to my friends. I feel stressed out almost every day, and sometimes I am jealous of those who have so little to do. But, this summer has both challenged and blessed me. I have grown. The generosity of others overwhelms me. Never in my life have I known what it is like to have my work depend on the generosity and kindness of others, other than my parents. It's humbling and rewarding. When I must partner with someone to carry out my job, it tempers the ego. I really accomplish nothing. God accomplishes through our partnership.
Life is difficult many times, but full of blessings.
3 comments:
"Life is painless for the brainless."
May I be so prideful as to say I don't have that blessing? Haha!
You may say it, because it's true, not because it's prideful.
Still, I think there is a price to being un-brainless. Pain?
Post a Comment